Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Queen For a Day




As part of the assignment in her medival unit, Mariah made a "castle" as the final step for her to become "Queen for a Day". There were different levels you could work on. The more work you did at school and at home, the higher up the social ladder you climbed. A few of the levels were serf, lord, princess, and queen/king. So when it comes to the Medival Festival that will be held later this week, Mariah will be able to participate in all activities because of her "status" as queen.

So yesterday, Mariah and I went to the store after school to buy items to make her "castle". We decided on rice crispy treats. Since I was on my lunch hour and needed to get back to work, I left Mariah to her own devices to complete this project. When I got home, she had just finished her "masterpiece." She designed, created, and decorated her castle all before I got home! Great work Mariah!




2 comments:

Coul and Kelse Rich said...

Julie....I think that the castle turned out wonderful....I am glad that it wasn't all pretzels and that she did it herself. Good Job Mariah!!

Natalie said...

I showed this to Emily - she thought she was the CUTEST!!!