Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Boys 2 Men




Could I be that old to have both of my boys shaving! It is one thing that both of them are taller than me (no short jokes please - I think I've heard them all!), but to have both of them shaving that is just way too much for me to handle.
For some time now, Jacob has had a "stache" growing. We've teased and laughed, and teased some more. But when Jacob asked me about shaving, I knew it was time. Bryce, being the awesome brother that he is, taught Jake one of life's passages in a man's life - the art of shaving. Jacob wasn't too sure in the beginning but everything turned out fine. In fact, both Bryce and Jacob cut themselves shaving in the exact same place!

Mariah wanted in on the action, but Jacob wouldn't even think about it. I was able to enjoy this moment in between taking pictures to record this momentous occasion and trying to keep Mariah from peeking.

3 comments:

Heather Ashcroft said...

Glad you were able to capture this moment on film. That is too funny!!! They're growing up :)

Natalie said...

Woe - growing up fast. Who'd have thought that shaving would seem like such a milestone!

Kathy said...

Mariah, stay far away from a shaver as long as you can! Life will be much better that way. lol.
Hey Julie, if you are short....I must be a midget. I think you are a few inches taller than I am.